Saturday, March 4, 2006

Love, Hate, War & Peace

A guy in his fifties said, let me tell you about my friend, a 19 year old girl. And he went on about her vocation and dreams to be a concert pianist. Her aspiration to be the best.

Sounds like love to me. And admiration and amazement that someone so young could have the strength, the determination and absolute belief in one's chosen path.

I met some acquaintances from previous life (because those days seem so far away now). We were never able to hit the right note, the synergy was never there. Was never there and never will there be I suppose from the recent meet-up.

Not really hate, but there is no love lost there either. The Malay phrase said tak kenal maka tak cinta. But on the other hand, familiarity sometimes do breed contempt..

And the news that the former Yugoslav President Milosevic died and was mourned was just astonishing. Ada jugak orang nak mourn dia.
******

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails