Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Sexiest In Pink

This is the Haleconia Chartacea 'Sexy Pink' from my garden which is among my favorite from the Heliconiaceae family.
I visited Sg Buloh some time ago and found one nursery that is manned by a few Bangladeshi (of course I have a story to tell for each plant kan..) & the Bangla offered me a good price for the plant. I nickname the place the "spitting nursery" as the Bangla really did spit anywhere and everywhere without prejudice..

Fortunately unlike my waterlily, I didnt have to try planting this haleconia many times before it did begin to flower. But a friend came by when the plant was only a sexy green - it had not flowered then.. She's from Penang & she said - awat hang tanam yang jenis ni? Yang ni memang susah nak berbunga hang tau. Kalau nasib tak baik langsung dia tak berbunga. Hang patut tanam yang macam kat rumah aku tu. Cepat je dah ada bunga blah.. blah..

Moral of the story? Do not let anyone sway you from what you want to do regardless how confident they may sound. You plan your own path or in this case, plant your own patch. Allah yang menentukan segalanya.

ps - such a serious lesson from a simple story, huh? And this photo is not taken in my garden but it captures the flower in its full (sexy) glory.


*****

1 comment:

1342.4231. said...

iman yg amik gambar tu. iman yg scan gambar tu. haha. nk publisiti kt cni

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails