Saturday, March 11, 2006

Great Expectations

This is not the first time that I am going through this in life. Maybe that's why I remain pretty unflutterred. I try to recall others who are also facing what I would be facing. Some friends and sisters. And of course thousands of other parents.

The SPM results would be out, come Monday. There are bound to be joy and maybe some disappointment. My friends and I already agreed we would not ask each other about our children's results. We said, biarlah sebagai rahsia keluarga..

When approached with the matter my son said, don't raise your hopes too high ma..

If only children realise that parents only ever hope for the best from them - if they had given all that they can, then we as parents would not ask for more. And that the reason we want them to do the best is because we want what is best for them.

But of course deep within us we'd love it very much if our children could be the best student in school or the best swimmer in his class or the best footballer among his friends. We dont expect them to be world-class; just the best within their own class. I believe, we have to win the small battles first before we can hope our children to win the war.

Good luck to Haslina & daughter, Lina & son, Khalidah & daughter, Da & Jiehan, Leli & Izi and of course my own Luqman come Monday.
*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails