Thursday, March 23, 2006

If You Dont Succeed, Try Again

This is the waterlily from my garden. Scientifically waterlilies are known as nymphaea. I tried looking up the rest of its name but cant find it. There are too many waterlilies on the net and I cant identify which is actually mine. According to my mum who is a plant enthusiast, its Malay name is telepok.

There is a story behind this pot of plant ~ I think this is the third time I tried planting this waterlily. Failed miserably everytime. Whenever I stopped to look at any waterlilies (let alone buy!) some smart guy by my side would say oh-oh, not again.. But nevertheless waterlilies continue to draw me.

That is why it was so surprising, and such a pleasure, that this time the plant not only survived, but even flowered. This pix was taken some time ago. It had flowered a few times since. These days the plant has lots of leaves and I'm waiting for it to flower again. I also have a plant with white flowers in that pot somewhere given by a friend's mun - thanks, Fatin.

I am thinking that I should start a catalog of the plants in my garden.
*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails