Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Just A Matter Of Interpretation

Anybody who has problem with putting ideas for dinner please raise your hands.. yeah ~ I understand the issue totally.

The other day I asked my daughter what she'd like for dinner. Well.. it is the weekend and I do try to make extra effort since the children are home. And she said, entah.. but something different ma. A big help that response is..

So out came the lasagna with the parmesan cheese and paprika. And also the mushroom soup with garlic bread. Dinner did turn out well.

The other time I asked the man himself, what would you like for dinner? He said fish. Err.. anything specific? I asked again. He replied no, but something nice. A big help that was too.

We had fish & chips then with all the works ~ with onion rings and mustard and apple cider and lemon slices and tabasco and mayo and pickles and .. I had my fish with cuka tamin & salt. It's nicer that way.

If I ask my son what he'd like for dinner, he'll say ~ anything ma, but nasi goreng or mee goreng & yang sama waktu dengannya. I had more than enough of those at campus & I cant take them anymore he added. Okay.. that means rice for dinner with traditional lauk-pauk for him.

Try asking Eirfan what he'd like for dinner and he will just smile. Which means maggi mee it is! & if he has his way, it would be maggi everyday.

So ~ moms, ladies, we can make it as easy or as difficult as we like. It's all just a matter of interpretation.

*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails