Friday, June 11, 2010

School Break's Here Again

We were at Cameron last weekend. There was an engagement do in Ipoh so we decided to spend a couple of days of school break on the cool hills.

We stayed at Villa Dahlia (again). The place is too convenient. You can get a 2 or 3 bedroom apartments. With a kitchen you can actually cook in. And depending on the unit, you might be lucky enough to get a view of the golf course. You can even do a bargain on the room rate.

We never do much at Cameron although the visit to Sungai Palas tea plantation is always a must. The tea shop is a favorite; with tea and scones of course. And the view of the tea trees on the hills is definitely breathtaking.

The restaurant juts out so you feel like you are on top of the tea plantation when you stand at the edge of the rails.

Beautiful view of the hills.


Nothing beats walking in the mild hills weather for a brotherly comrade.


As usual we've got loads of photos taken..


We took time to visit the bee farm. There's not much to see unlike the farm we visited in Sabah; only square wooden boxes that house the bees..

Yeap, nothing much there..

We also visited a second tea shop, on our way to the Blue Valley. The scones are nicer, but the view isnt as fantastic as the shop at Sungai Palas.

A mug of teh tarik will cost you RM3 each here.

We were on our way for strawberry picking when we saw a farm with a sign that says 'pick your own vege'. We stopped and had a good morning walking around that place, taking photos and picking our vegetables. They have beautiful bushes of rosemary (the biggest rosemary plant I've seen), lavender (I didnt know lavender can grow locally) and sage.

The grape was as sour as vinegar! And picking cabbage and lemons were fun..


I was amazed with this big bush of rosemary.


.. and sage.

And it goes without saying, of course we had to do the strawberry picking (although the vege picking was more fun).

The strawberry ice (ais krim Malaysia perisa strawberry) was so good!

ps - Yesterday my hubby asked if I had updated our visit into the blog. I said not yet. He then said, put a note in your post that nobody should go near the Brinchang pasar malam on a weekend during the school holidays. I said, this is my blog I write what I like (I think he should have his own blog if he wants to say anything, dont you agree?)

But he has a point, the pasar malam created a havoc with traffic on our trip. We were caught in jam for a couple hours or so on our way to check in. The China-man at the reception greeted me cheekily saying, I almost gave away your room - we got so many calls asking for a room. The cheek of him - I called in to tell him I am coming and dont he dare give my room away!

Cameron was so much fun. On our next trip we will look for the waterfalls. And other tea shops. And do more vegetable picking.
*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails