Thursday, October 17, 2013

It Was uh.. uhmm.. hmm.. (Now How To Describe It?)

It was the raya haji at my place. Which was definitely different from any other raya that's for sure.

Mum came over for raya (she never celebrated raya at our place before). We had very early breakfast with atok sebab takut upset her fragile schedule. The boys came home later for their breakfast after prayers.


We were excited to take the family photo because atok was around. Otherwise it would be the same old photo on any given raya. Atok said, mak pakai baju buruk je tak pe ke? We said it is ok sangat2 (she almost didnt want to tangkap gambar because of that).


And I love this; just us girls (!)

I thought people would come because mak is around. But I under estimated the numbers. Ayah Cu / Mak Su came lebih 10 beranak sekali with their cucus, Pak Cik and Mak Cik were there with my cousins. Adik-beradik jangan cakap la. And nieces and nephews with their children.

I ran out of lemang, kuah kacang, nasi impit and sambal sotong. Nasib baik I had lots of rendang and ketupat with orange cake I baked, wajik and some cookies. Saya congak2 mungkin lebih 40 orang yang datang. Come to think of it I should have planned for a potluck lunch. Anyway.

I like this photo too. Mum with pakcik and maksu. We said, seronoknya depa adik-beradik! When she looked at the photo mak kata, buat gambar tu besar sikit. Bagi kat mak sekeping (I think I will do that photo album for mum after all).


And we had more visitors in the afternoon too (we did very little korban activities this year). Terlalu ramai tetamu.
 
 

Maka nikmat Allah yang mana satu yang ingin kita dustakan?

How was your raya?

*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails