Thursday, October 12, 2006

Sunset On The Serengeti

It was what somebody said on Travel & Living that I got sort of re-acquainted with Serengeti. It clicked in my brain, but I couldn’t remember what it is all about or where I heard it before. I thought there is a movie with such title; but cant find it on the net. In fact, Wikipedia does not even have an entry on Serengeti within its extensive array of information.

It is said that sunset on the Serengeti is stunning. Oh and by the way, Serengeti is one of the national parks in Tanzania. With spectacular landscapes like Mount Kilimanjaro and Lake Victoria, what is Serengeti anyway..?

Serengeti comes from the Maasai word Siringitu, which means “the place where the land moves forever”. Doesnt that sound wonderful? It is famed for the annual migration of millions of wildebeests, zebras, gazelles and other animals to follow the seasonal rains in the African plains.

The colors painted of the Serengeti sunset that I saw was purple and amber. I wondered why purple and then I saw the photo below. It is indeed a beautiful shade of lavender and amber.


*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails