Saturday, May 10, 2008

Ramblings Of A Mum

My bachelor asked me if he could do a weekend in Kemaman. He recently came back from Perhentian then followed us to Pulau Kapas and then eager to go to Kemaman. That would be like three trips to Ganu in two weeks. Unbelievable (but of course he expects me to ok this trip).

Questions like what's the occassion - how are you going - who's driving - who's going - where are you staying - ..... - and of course ada budak pompuan tak pergi - blah.. blah.. - all popped out from me. Of course. And he didnt expect anything less either.

All answers meet my standards except that they will be staying with a family whose daughter is a friend of his friend and blah.. blah.. I sighed and thought about it and mulled over it and thrashed the issue inside out.

Then I said, I wish yang that I am just an orang kampung who lives in a modest kampung house. And that I am not liberated and neither are my children liberated nor are they 'worldly' (by my standards, that is). I would wear kain batik and an old and stretched tshirt (through many washes) and sit on the tangga of my kampung house. Maybe kais pagi makan pagi and if there is any left over rezeki from the day we'll have dinner otherwise maybe not. (By that I'm thinking that maybe I wont have 'complicated' issues like this).

Eirfan butted my ramblings and said dont forget ma, you cant be reading the magazines that you read (he's so right - and I'd miss that). And Luqman said, maybe you can kunyah sirih on the tangga and then spit it over the railings.. they are imaginative, what can I say?

Nevertheless, Ilyas is on his Kemaman trip as at this moment. I find that as a mother I need to make a lot of doa..

*****

3 comments:

Zana Fauzi said...

Drama queen.

Azah Yahya said...

Iye tu - setuju. I should produce a drama or something..

1342.4231. said...

imagine...mama eating sirih kat tangga...gigi itam...wawawawawa

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails