Wednesday, May 21, 2008

To Look Before You Leap

I was left disappointed actually..

I had actually felt guilty for leaving the office early last Fri. The boss might be calling. He might want to know about that and this and that problem ticket. And.. But ah well, the boss doesnt own me and the official office hours are over anyway, and it is a Fri evening after all.

I had signed up for this pocho-pocho class and since determined was I to sweat out a bit I committed myself to the session. But the instructor was late - really late (traffic jam, boleh ke?)

And he turned out to be a HE; a he - which left most of the participants scrambling for the tudungs. Cant the organisers at least inform beforehand that he is going to be a HE? (I'd think they could be a bit more sensitive on this part. I mean come on la, even the aerobics instructor is a female. Takde ke pompuan yang boleh mengajar pocho-pocho ni pun..?)

The instructor couldnt be any older than any of my sons. Of course la he was late. The makcik participants over-ruled him. He got no control of the class. His pace was slow. And, and this could be the cinching factor for the disappoinment - he played dangdut tune on the CD! Alahai, takde ke lagu lain? The makciks gave a whoop over the chosen song and I was afraid at any moment they would insist on doing the gerudi-whatever!

It was my own fault for not investigating what pocho-pocho really is. I assumed it would be something akin to line-dancing; not dangdut! But according to my 'worldly' sis it could be pocho-pocho with no relations to dangdut at all; pasang la music lain.

About 20 mins later the aerobics instructor walked into the room signalling the start of her class. The pocho-pocho enthusiasts decided to continue learning their steps outside. I bade them adieu. I told Gigi, the aerobics instructor I would join her class for a little while. After all, I havent worked on that sweat yet.

I read a little on pocho-pocho later : http://thestar.com.my/lifestyle/story.asp?file=/2007/8/5/lifefocus/18447824&sec=lifefocus. Nevertheless I suppose my fate with the pocho-pocho was never meant to be..

*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails