Thursday, May 8, 2008

The One And Only Masjid Kristal


First of all thanks to Delinn for giving the idea to create this collage.. I love the one that she has on her blog of course.

So yeah, we did agree - finally - to visit Ganu all over again the last labor day weekend despite last minute plan change etc etc. KT turned out to be hotter than summer at anywhere else as far as I know (which is an exaggeration as usual, of course). We made a point to visit Masjid Kristal although never do think that we hail to Islam Hadhari..

The masjid itself isnt as commanding as other masjids I've seen. Personally I think even the masjid in Marang is quite breathtaking. But masjid kristal is different with its multi-faceted glass (crystal?) domes and finishes. It isnt as big as I expected it to be; in fact maybe the surau in my place is bigger than this masjid.

I was deceived by the Pulau Wan Man name; I thought we had to get a boat to get there. And of course I tried to re-enact the so-called 'monster' appearing on the glass dome; which I couldnt.. Nevertheless I love the location of the masjid itself by the peaceful river cove.

I do wonder though that whether the masjid was built purely for show as there dont seem to be any houses nearby; except across the river. So other than the visitors who perform the solat there, I guess the masjid would be empty at other times. Reminds me of the masjid-masjid yang dibina di akhir zaman..

*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails