Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Putting Into Actions What The Doctor Prescribed

For the last week I did what I thought I couldnt (wouldnt?) do ie going on a diet. According to the othopaedic it is the carbo and the sugar that are actually the culprit.

So since the appointment with him on Thur till yesterday I had been very careful with the diet. There was no rice but lots of lauk, sayur, fruits, oats and high fiber bread. I skipped the white bread and kueh. There was no roti canai (it's capati for me) and lots of green tea and plain water. I just simply had to have coffee on a couple of occassions. But basically I was pleased with myself..

Until yesterday.

It was Eirfan's birthday and we had dinner at Secret Recipe. And cakes of course (what's a birthday without cakes?) Although I only ordered some mushroom soup for myself earlier I had some of the yummy cake.

And this morning I was darn hungry and the oats for breakfast didnt help. The fruits that I brought to the office cant tempt me away from the cafe. Fortunately I stayed away from the rice but cant help the temptation of teh ais. I was mollified (for now, that is).

But.

Later in the office someone kind brought over sebungkus nasi lemak (oh no..) I ate some. Come to think of it yesterday someone brought me a piece of cake saying bithday anak saya jadi saya buat kek ni. Tak sampai hati pulak to say no. I took a bite. I wont relate here the fate of the rest of the cake and the nasi lemak..

The thing is, I dont feel like I am depriving myself anything with the food I had the past week. So I wonder if the doctor's instruction regarding the diet would work. Of course he told me to exercise too but so far I had only done that once. Harrrumph..! That is the area I need to work on some more.

Let's hope the second week of this will not be too tough either (err.. but, what happens to no pain no gain..?) Wish me luck everyone.

*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails