Monday, January 14, 2008

The Seasons Of Life

Last weekend Eirfan complained over eating out. He said ma why are we always eating out? I am tired of going out. Then out of nowhere he said it has been ages since we've had roti jala.. (duh..?)

And I can see that he is bored at home - that's why he bugs me so much. He quits playing the PS (well, he doesnt play as much as before) and he doesnt watch that much cartoon anymore either. And he asked me questions like do you want to watch Transformers ma - or Meet The Robinson's? Lately he took up stamp collecting and started asking, ma how can I get more stamps? After he tire of the stamps he said ma when are we going to do the gardening?

In fact, he'd nag me over almost everything.

Then I got tired of his nags (although I know he's bored). I said you have to think of things that you like to do. Like what ? he asked. Anything I said, maybe a new hobby like playing the piano or guitar or drums - would you like that? Or you can play the violin or the organ or even the cello (I was getting desperate, ok?) Or read books (he pulled a face then) or comics (I substituted quickly).

In the end we did some gardening which strained my muscles to h*** and that evening I sweated like a cow over the stove and the roti jala (I cant remember when was the last time I made any..)

And to think that he barely noticed that I am around when his brothers are home. I suppose we both miss the abangs.
*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails