Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The Other Side Of The Coin Called Liberation

Liberty is generally considered a concept of political philosophy and identifies the condition in which an individual has the ability to act according to his or her own will.. Well, that's what Wikipedia says anyway.

I attended a wedding last weekend. A couple of friends invited us to their eldest son's wedding. When I received the invitation I did some mental arithmetic on the groom's age - he cant be any older than my daughter and I was right - he isnt. He is a third year student at a local university.

In these days when most would question how the young couple would survive without real jobs (which of course translates to what else if not money), the parents are more concerned with the spiritual aspects of life and the moral implications represented from the big, bad world (no doubt that social interactions amongst the younger generation is getting ever more challenging to deal with by Muslim parents.)

I raise my hat to the professor-cum-dad and mum of the groom and I thought, what liberation!

*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails