Sunday, February 15, 2009

Thought I Knew Better

A friend loves the phrase "make my day." It is make my day this and make my day that with her. Everytime she said the words I go like, what is it she's really trying to express?

I know these words were made popular by Clint Eastwood aka Dirty Harry years ago. And it means.. it means.. err it means...? Actually come to think of it I dont know exactly what it means. Maybe that's why I dont use the phrase..

So here I share with you exactly what it is supposed to mean..

Meaning

Carry on with what you are doing - it will give me an excuse to behave badly.

Origin

make my dayThis line was made famous by the Clint Eastwood character Inspector (Dirty) Harry Callahan in the 1983 film Sudden Impact - the fourth film of the Dirty Harry series. Callahan encouraged felons to commit crimes so that he would have an excuse to shoot them. In Sudden Impact he dares a crook to shoot his hostage with the line "Go on punk, make my day".

ps - I thought the way the girl was using it was wrong. And I was right (nak cakap jugak tu..).

*****

2 comments:

Zana Fauzi said...

Is that girl, me?

Azah Yahya said...

No. LOL. I never hear you use that phrase. Gelak la Zana ni.

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails