Thursday, April 9, 2009

Old Is Beautiful

I got a message the other day from my artistic son - well, he's as artistic as any of my kids could be. The others do not show any traces of being artistic in any way..

His text messages goes like this :

Salam ibunda. (The contents go here. Make a wild guess what the subject is if any of the kids, or you yourself while in college, would call up the parents..) Terima kasih di atas pengorbanan bonda yang terchenta.

I gave a big laugh when I finished reading it. And thought it was sweet too the way he wrote it. Siapa nak puji anak saya jika bukan saya sendiri?

And last weekend I passed by a dress shop that is called "Butik Pakaian Chantek-Chantek".

And I thought that was sweet too. I like the way the old spellings are used. It's nice in a way.

Reminds me also of the way I would write to my mum while I was away studying - Kehadapan bonda yang disayangi... And I would buy the preetiest printed papers to write on too. I wonder if my mum still keep all my letters to her. Maybe I'll ask her one of these days.

*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails