Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Trick or Treat?

I hate being surprised. Because I could get surprised real good.

When Eirfan was 5 or 6 he hid behind the curtains and surprised me as I walked into the house. I got real mad with him. He cried, the poor baby, when all he wanted to do was play.

From there on people in the house knew never to catch me unawares.

I was getting dinner ready the other day when I thought I heard my daughter scream. I listened at the bottom of the stairs but then heard laughs. Satisfied nothing was wrong I went back to the kitchen. Later I thought "someone" was watching me. I turned to the living room and sure enough there is this ugly looking face staring at me. I thought something was familiar - the shirt actually; I recognize the shirt. I said to my son, dont you dare scare me - you never guess what I might do. He laughed, took off the mask and said, that is why I am standing here far enough from you and not there in the kitchen right behind you!

He was wearing that mask below (but that is Eirfan with the mask). And I hate it. He got it for the Halloween do at his office.

He was pleased that he got Iman and Eirfan screaming in fright. Satisfied that I got a bit of a shock..

Later Eirfan gave his father a fright (he said
nasib baik bapak tak jerit like a girl). Tried to frighten his abang but according to abang he is too macho to be frightened with such an ugly mask like that.

Eirfan cant wait for his Abang Luq to get home for the semester break so that he can play the same trick on his abang then.

I know I am repeating myself - but I hate that mask.

*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails