Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A Jammed evening

I havent been too excited about blogging lately, if you noticed. And it is only water that poured down from the sky and the consequent horrendous traffic this evening that could compel me to write..

I suppose almost everyone in the city got caught in the traffic jam this evening - well I hope everyone, envious I am of anyone who says no. Traffic stood still on my route - Mahameru, Jln Sultan Hishamuddin, Jalan Kuching, Jalan Pekeliling and so on.

I was about to scream after an hour and a half in the car when I noticed many people were waiting looking frustrated, angry, worried, resigned for their bus to arrive - which is nowhere in sight, unfortunately. That made me realise that I have no reason to get mad. Instead I recited Alhamdulillah, I am blessed - over and over (almost like when a child is being punished and was made to write I will not... again next time - over and over again.)

Things got even better when the swinging 80s station played You Are The One That I Want by Olivia Newton John and John Travolta from the movie Grease (my fave) and Dream Lover by Mariah.

I hate bad traffic because it always, without fail, makes me impatient, angry, unreasonable, moody, rude, start cursing (and cursing and cursing), mad, stressed, freak out and --- (fill in any of the negative words you can think of in the blank and they'll fit, I assure you).

*****

3 comments:

Zana Fauzi said...

How's the car brake Azah?

DeLinn said...

ohh i missed the evening kl traffic jam, hehe

Zana Fauzi said...

Delinn, I've been meaning to tell you this. We got new TM scarves, and they are in orange, made of very slippery textile. Memang susah nak pakai. Azah siap pergi mintak org jahitkan tudung tu siap-siap dgn anak tudung sekali nak buat pakai hari Isnin.

Now feel free to spread the news to Kak CT.

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails