Thursday, March 12, 2009

Of Words

You-know-who came back from her three day training this evening. So I told my husband, you cant do that anymore you know. He looked blank and asked, what? Run naked around the house - that's what! said I. LOL. He resignedly shrugged his shoulders (the poor man - I'll truly drive him nuts one of these days..) My daughter went like, what the..??

On the first evening when we were alone in the house and things were very, very quiet at dinner, I told my husband that if he were to run naked around the house, no one would even raise an eyebrow. He had laughed. But of course he hadnt done that.. (I just thought I should make that clear in case your imagination is running wild at this point..)

Anyway, back to this story. So Iman said, in Malaysia there are three types of personalities. You are either passive (nah, not me I said), assertive (yeah, I am assertive I declared). No ma she said, you are aggressive - that's the third type. And I thought yeah, I could be aggressive. Just observe how I drive and you would agree with that.

But then I thought some more and said no, I am beyond aggressive I am 'cruel' and my middle name should be Cruella (of the 101 Dalmations).

So I looked up in Merriam-Webster and it says:
Passive ~ lacking in energy or will
Assertive ~ charaterized by boldness or confidence
Aggressive ~ marked by combative readiness, forceful energy or readiness

And cruel? According to the on-line dictionary its synonym is fierce which means aggressive temperament, unrestrained zeal / vehemence, furiously active or determined.

So yeah, I guess you can call me Cruella anytime!

*****

1 comment:

Zana Fauzi said...

Reminds me of the creepy naked couple in FRIENDS that Monica often got a shock upon opening her window curtain.

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails