Friday, March 27, 2009

Soup For The Soul

I am currently on leave - my mum is here for a visit and had told my sis she's coming over to my place. Despite being on leave for the school hols last week, I went ahead and apply for a couple more days off this week. Semestinya hasrat bonda lebih penting dari the wrath of the bosses in the office..

I planned to take her to Ikea today. Bukan apa, she'll be on her wheel chair and Ikea has got a lot of space to manouver. At the last minute she said no - perut meragam sebab makan sedap sangat pagi tadi she later told my sister. When asked what I had cooked for breakfast I said kodok pisang!

So I am staying home & doing nothing but melayan sembang bonda these couple of days. She has deep affection for Umno so I sat with her through the daily reports of Perhimpunan Umno (unfortunately - or is that fortunately? - politics do nothing for me). She cant wait for the Bukit Gantang elections - kampung dia / kami. After dinner today we went down memeory lane looking through some black and white photos I have on my laptop - we had lots of laughs.. this was my granddad.


These are my parents from the old days.


And this is us (minus one).


This posting will go under the label 'soul' - for obvious reasons. I wonder how many more ocassions like this I might have with mum anyway?

Note - I changed the label to memoir today (Dec 2011).

*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails