Monday, December 28, 2009

Some Serious Thoughts (That I Occassionally Have..)


So Christmas is gone. And the year's ending fast.

Do you ever have new year resolutions? Of late, more often than not I do. I checked the ones I made for 2009. I had a long list which I divided into different categories - financial, spiritual, work, family etc etc (I like things to come in compartments; so everything must belong to a group of some sort).

For 2009 I achieved some things on my list but screwed lots. I suppose that's normal..?

I am preparing a similar list for 2010. Of course somethings are transferred lock, stock and barrel - like losing weight (let's do a ho-ho-ho laugh here..)

This year I have a new perspective on my resolutions. I translate these resolutions as my goals for the coming new year. And goals have processes associated with them. The process to attain each goal is as important as (if not more important than) the goal itself - I read this from Robert Kiyosaki (author of Rich Dad, Poor Dad).

Any goal aka resolution without a process attached to it is just another empty dream (I personally translate this to angan-angan mat jenin).

So basically I am taking my resolution a bit more seriously this year - with some serious thoughts on how to achieve them. A process. A plan. A workable plan.

(Semangat nye..)

What's more I'll let you read this for some thoughts. About last year, next year, about ourselves.

This is from an American uh.. (whose name I will not mention. I mean, if I cant quote a squat from Usman Awang or Hamka or.. (?) who am I to blah.. blah - and I will not elaborate on this thread of thought..). Anyway the quote is here ~

"What lies behind us
And what lies before us

Are tiny matters
Compared to what lies within us."

Ponder this.

*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails