Saturday, February 20, 2010

Weekend Doodle

The new NetBook I got for free when upgrading Streamyx service arrived last weekend. It is compact and nice - but I have yet to get use to the small keyboard (not small small like tiny, but still not the usual).

It came on Sat - which was a packed day. I sent Eirfan to (his old) school for the UPSR prize giving. I slipped from school to go to my best-est of the best place (you can go yeah, yeah here..) - the pasar tani! Quickly got what I need from the pasar and SWORE (profusely, let me tell you) at the male (of course) driver who refused to rev even though he was in my lane! Dia duduk diam dalam kereta tak nak reverse; what a *&#@**! (fill in your fave word here).

I head back to school just in time for the head mistress' address and then yeay - the prize giving. We (Eirfan and me) took photos, chat with our mutual friends and then left for breakfast. I was glad that the event did not drag.



I left home after making sure the (other) boys were fed for Jalan TAR. I need beads for more kurung I am sewing (more pix below and here). I got out of that place before it got too busy for its pasar malam on Sat afternoon / night. I had to get stuff from the bakery supplies store too. I've run out of cookie bottles (I hate to say plastic bottles.. I swear I am a self-proclaimed environmentalist after all ) and we have cookies to deliver this week. Luckily traffic wasnt so bad given that it was a Sat.



Lunch had to be early Sat as Luq was leaving for college again after the CNY break. And Iman was away for a wedding in Bidor (sigh). Luckily I was already home when the delivery boy called and told us he is coming now instead of later to deliver the netbook - as I had to receive the netbook in person.

While I was cooking Ilyas said, can you fry me some nuggets to take to the bbq I am going to this evening? (For the life of me I dont get this nugget fascination / addiction / obsession) I said - yang, as far as I can remember, all your life you have requested for nuggets every time there is a makan-makan at kindergarten, primary, secondary and college days. Why dont I make you meehoon instead? (I am all tickled and laughing inside. I know what his answer would be). He declined (of course - but he knew I was teasing). I offered to make him some lasagna instead and he agreed (as I know he would).

So there I was saying goodbye to Luq. And then baked the lasagna. But guess what? It is time to think what's for dinner. The guy who worked today is now home and I am sure he is hungry.

Coincidently I showed the boys the back of my foot earlier today and they said ma, there's nothing there. I said, you are not looking at the big picture and pointed again to the upturned foot. They still looked blank. Then I announced to them, regally ala a queen - syurga di bawah tapak kaki ibu. We laughed. But I hope they get, remember and 'walk' the message.

*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails