Thursday, September 29, 2011

The Road To The Big Day


The wedding looms so close. At times I feel like I am on track. Other times though, I get into a panicky mode and suffer through nervous attacks. Then I will operate mechanically - based purely on my checklists (which I have a few), with no emotional involvement at all. Any advice from already-mother-of-the-brides?

Anyway.

We have started sending invitation cards out (especially to those out of town. Macam pelik pulak bawak kad banyak2 pergi hantar kat post office..). I hate to be too late, at the same time thinking sending them too early might be somewhat presumptuous. Some said send email or SMSes - with GPS coordinates. I went like, wow, and here I am using the snail-mail. But I do prefer cards. Cara lama. There is something charmingly quaint about it which I like. Sending coordinates is a bit cold and hard for a romantic like me (yeah, right..)

And I am still struggling with the hantaran - it just wont yield to my bidding. There is always something amiss (and I cant put my finger on what it is). It could be the ribbon, its color, the renda, the.. - anything and everything actually! Let's leave it at that for now - until I have better coordination with my fingers, I'd say (and for my obscured creativity to come to light).

The wedding will be held at home, so my husband is fixing things up.. oh, just this and that - which about covers the whole house. Inside and out, of course. LOL.

We plan to finish everything maybe a week or so before the big day. I think we'll be able to do that. Insya'Allah. That'll leave us a few days to recover and for final details (uh, and enough time too for the butterflies to assemble for the final countdown..) Yeap, sounds like a good, workable plan.

*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails