Sunday, January 29, 2012

Picture Perfect Photos


This is Eirfan when he was four. We were at a picnic / fishing trip at a fishing pond somewhere in Ulu Yam. He was supposed to learn how to fish. Instead he went running all over the park chasing chickens (do note of a *wary* black chicken in the background). Sampai berpeluh-peluh. Dia budak pekan, mana biasa jumpa ayam. In the end the chicken stayed clear out of his path. Nampak Eirfan datang je semua ayam2 dah lari dah.

Anyway. I am in the midst of archiving old photos into a more modern media. I tried scanning the photos but I suppose my scanner isnt good enough for the quality I expect.

The picture above was taken over a 4R photo in my album. I use the Sony TX10 camera here, which the chap at the store said can take photos of objects held as close as 1cm. In this particular case I must say I quite like the results. But when I took photos of some 3Rs the outcome wasnt as good. I need to do some more tests. But I am hopeful.

It may seem like I am going to have loads of pictures to take, out of loads of albums. I call them picture perfect photos (you know, jpeg pictures I take of existing on-paper photos). Befitting.

ps-do you know other ways I can try to convert the photos? Other than sending them to the pros for scanning, that is. Do tell.

*****

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

why not aunty snap je?
cara saya when it comes to this prob, saya snap je but make sure snap betul2 sharp. kalau ada dslr lagi bagus.letak atas kertas hitam atau putih utk senang crop before editing apa2

my two cents of tots

:)

Azah Yahya said...

Thank you dear. I should use the kertas hitam untuk facilitate cropping. I snapped too. And I find that I must do it during the day, not under any direct lighting otherwise there will be a sheen to the snapped photo.

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails