Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Books, Books and More Books Part 46 - The Diary of A Young Girl

I started reading this like a couple of weeks ago. I asked Iman then, ada buku best tak mama nak baca. And she recommended this from her collection. I read this slowly. Maybe 2 or 3 pages a day and finally finished it today. I always have a book with me when I travel, on vacation, balik kampung, in the car, waiting at the bank / hospital / govt offices (especially!) - oh, you get the picture.

This is a diary written by Anne Frank, aged barely 15, during the world war 2. She is a Jew living in Holland after her father fled Germany from the Nazi. Her family and a few others hid in a secret annexe in a house during the war for almost 2 years before they were betrayed and then caught by the Germans and were deported to the Nazi concentration camp. She wrote the diary while living in the closed quarters of the secret annexe. She didnt survive the camp unfortunately.


There is a movie made too, if you do not fancy the reading. I rather like to watch the movie I think. Saya suka cerita lama.

 *****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails