Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Que Será, Será : What Will I Be (When I Grow Old?)

Hi everyone. I am currently blogging from mum's place; where I am keeping her company for the next few days. I suppose things are going to be rather quiet for a bit here.

I made the journey up north yesterday. I dont think I've driven this far alone; there has always been family or friends with me before. I took it easy, stopping at the r&r whenever I felt I should (I was mengantuk like almost all the way!)

When I got to the kitchen this morning, Kak Zah who's leaving for school said, mak kata dia tak sihat hari ni. I tiptoed to mum's room and sure enough she was lying in bed. Saya sapu lengan mak and she opened her eyes. I asked, mak tak sihat? She said mak sakit kepala hari ni and then questioned me, bila balik? According to my adik, mum has alzheimer (the web said that is a progressive form of presenile dementia that usually starts in the 40s or 50s; first symptoms are impaired memory which is followed by impaired thought and speech and finally complete helplessness). Penyakit orang tua lah. Slalu lupa2. I told her to lie down and not to worry as I am home. Alhamdulillah she was much better later in the morning.

After breakfast I told mum, saya nak pergi market hari ni mak (orang utara tak kata pasar; it is market; dengan slang Melayu pekat and an emphasis on the rrr). And she said, jomlah mak pun nak pergi sama (which means she will wait for me in the car; bukan larat nak jalan pun mak saya); kita singgah rumah MakTeh lepas tu. I was relieved - that means she is ok. Kalau tak sihat mak will be moody and will always prefer to stay home.

We chat at my aunt's place for a short while; sempat jugak lah mak bergelak dengan adiknya who is almost as old as she is. Saya sempat tangkap gambar, dan mak bagitau MakTeh, dia suka tangkap gambar.. oopss.. I didnt know she noticed that! (saya sengaja letak gambar yang dah rendered in b&w)


And this is Badrishah, my cousin's 5 year-old. It is amazing that the kittens duduk diam je bila dia peluk, tarik ekor (oh, and almost cekik anak2 kucing tu!) Her mom passed away when she was barely two years old. She and her sisters are now staying with their MakSu and atok (that is nenek to you non-Utara). She is such a joy to watch.


 *****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails