Thursday, June 29, 2006

Diminishing Lines

My daughter started her first job this month. With a company based in the UK. She went to meet up with the HR after being told she was accepted. Coming back she was so excited about the job.

She said, do you know ma that I will get paid so-and-so amount? That's a good amount. I wasnt paid that much when I started work, I said.

But I dont know how to get there on my own yet. That's ok - I might be able to send you.

And the office has blah-blah. That's nice yang. But my own office isnt that bad .

My office hours will be so-and-so. Mmm-mmm.

The people there all looked so busy. Mmm-mmm.

I am expected to work late sometimes. Mmm-mmm.

But the best thing is ma, we can wear jeans and sports shoes and.. What? Jeans to the office? Mana ada orang buat! And sports shoes? Blah.. blah..

.. And after a month, I still have issues seeing her in jeans to the office..

*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails