Friday, June 30, 2006

Cikgu Saya Part III

Eirfan came home the other day with a pretty box. I said what's that? He said it's a present from my class teacher. Oh, you did well in your exam? He said no, it was my birthday some weeks back and this is my birthday present from my teacher. What a sweet gesture. I promised to go visit the teacher at school one of these days.

& that made me remember some of the more colorful teachers that I knew while at school.

There are a couple of teachers at upper secondary whom I really like. The first is my 5th fomer class teacher. She is Ms ? Kaur. (How come I dont remember her name..?) She comes to class in her Punjabi suit with long silk scarf that she draped across the shoulders. And her hair would put Farah Fawcett's curls to shame. She always looked like she's ready to go singing and dancing in the gardens exactly like the scenes in the Hindi films. She gained our respect because she treated us like adults. Wonder what happened to her.

Next is my BM teacher Pn Wan. Now she gained our respect because of the way she dressed. We would oohed and aahed at the clothes that she wore to school. We wondered where she found all her kurungs and the girls would frantically copy her other attires onto paper so that they could ask their tailors to make similar clothes. Ha-ha .. those crazy days.. But Pn Wan is really cool - she understood us.

Then there is Mr Chua, my Add Math teacher. The girls went ga-ga over his cute looks. They did all his homeworks and worked very hard in his class. He was still single then but then married a very pretty temporary teacher at school. The girls were sooo disappointed then..

There was a teacher who wore kebayas with the skirt split all the way to the thighs. We thought she looked cheap.

We also had a fierce teacher with a sour face. Nothing pleases her. The girls thought she was unprofessional.

And then there was a pretty, young and very new teacher who cried in our class. We felt very guilty about the incident. The class monitor had to do the honorable and apologised to her on the class behalf.

Those were the days..
*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails