Thursday, June 29, 2006

I Have A Dream Part 2

When I was in upper secondary my class teacher nominated me for the debate team. I made a face and she saw me. She said, regardless whether you like it or not you are coming for the practice. I told her ok in a very small voice. Nevertheless, I didnt make it into the debate team. And anyway our team lost that year..

When I was in college my friends and I always skip our foreign language class. After the exams the instructor wrote, keep up the good work on my paper - but my friends got a remark that said, if you can come to class more often maybe you would do better. My friends made faces at me..

Then I went to translation class in the city. I thought if I couldnt make myself write anything then maybe I could do translation work. That got me nowhere..

After that I bought books on writing and went through sites that accept submission of writings. I found that most publishers would only accept submissions via an agent. Then I thought, where do I find agents to represent me? Then I found that some smaller publishers do accept submissions without agents.

That is when I came to a jolting stop. I think I am getting out of control here.. I have not penned anything since the good old days of composition class in form 5 and I dream of publishing a book? Get real, girl!

So yeah, I have a dream..
*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails