Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Crying Me A River

It was an occasion to celebrate.

Her name on the big screen.

With friends.

The Graduate
.. sobs..
I suppose the pictures say it all..

She was a cantankerous baby. It was somewhat difficult handling her then.

But she did well in school. I missed her first day at school though. Her first year started in Dec instead of Jan – something to do with the monsoon & floods. Unfortunately I was away so her father had sent her to school.

She did pretty well in her primary school exams. She scored straight As in her PMR. She was over the moon. I cried. She scored a few more As in her SPM. She cried because she thought she should have studied harder and gotten better grades. Of course I cried too.

So now she has graduated. She said she has no feelings whatever about her graduation. When I told her I cried at her graduation ceremony she said why? I said because the occasion is a different milestone in my life as it is for hers..

Congrats, yang. Love you.

May Allah place us among the learned, the faithful, the successful and among His loved ones. This is but the beginning and the best is yet to come, Insya’allah.
*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails