Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Bodily Shutdown

It wasnt that awful. But the waiting was. I'm talking about being sick and waiting to get better, that's what.

I was out of the office for a week. A whole week! Seem like it was something serious and damaging, dont you think? But it was only a cold, fever and lots and lots of coughing.

I asked the nice lady doctor why I feel so drowsy all the time whereas there dont seem much wrong with me. She said, oh dont worry, it's just a way your body is telling you that it is weak and need to shut down for a while. So you just go home, take the medicine and just have long rests. Dont even think about cooking she added. So yeah, I didnt think about ~ never mind do ~ any cooking at all. The poor darlings at home..

So during the downtime I moped and brood around the house. Nothing much could spark any interest from me. I wondered when I could start going to work again.

Last night while watching CNN and their reports on Iranian President calling Bush for a talk and a few more bodies that were found in Iraq not to mention reports on Lubnan, I said I cant imagine how those American newscasters could report all that they are reporting without feeling ashamed or guilty of what their country is doing to the whole world!

Then something clicked in my brain. I realised that hey, I am capable of strong opinions and managed to form some logical feedback on serious matters after all. So I deem myself fit to work again today..
*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails