Tuesday, August 8, 2006

Much Blessed

I was driving home the other day when the traffic came to an almost full stop at some houses along the road. I wondered what was going on and eased off my foot from the accelerator pedal.

Turned out that the local council had demolished some rumah kilat along the road. There were boxes and raga all over the place filled with house owners’ belongings. The owners themselves were hanging about looking upset, angry and worried. There’s a small canopy close by. I suppose that’s the roof over their head that night.

The next day I passed by the same area and noticed most boxes were gone but the canopy and remaining items with a couple of people were still there. I suppose those left have not found a new place for themselves. My sympathies are with all of them.

So when I have a bad day today I told myself to stop looking at people who are better than me, in the worldly sense, but look instead at those who are on the other side of the scale. I have much to be thankful for. & I came up with these lines today..

Traffic is bad and the drivers are rude
Work is uninspiring - and I’m so not in the mood
Bosses and peers make me an unlikely joyful crowd
And in fact, there are so many more I could go on about.

But if I were smart then I would see
That I am actually blessed with treasures aplenty
Family and health that are so very dear to me
And faith and friends to keep me in safe company.

Yeah, if I were smart I would definitely see ~
Allah has been bountiful indeed upon me!


And so I decided to quit feeling sorry for myself today.



*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails