Friday, September 1, 2006

Much Ado About Nothing

I was well prepared that evening. I have my blanket. Enough pillows. Kleenex box beside me when I sneeze or cough. Lozenges. Even bottled water. Dont even ask about the remote controller - of course it is in my clutches. If anybody, but anybody thinks he can have the tv that evening, he'd better think again..

I was talking about the evening of Aug the 28th, of course. The wedding.. the first meeting after the break-up. You know..

Fifteen minutes into the programmes we were swapping channels like nobody's business. So eager to soak in all the juicy details.

Then the wedding got to the slow-mo mode as they got to the merenjis part and things are so proper and correct.

And then the meet-up also got sluggish as the girl suffered break-ups in her speech and shed tears prettily. It went from bad to worse when the guy came up and everything is just too personal for him to share on the media - what's the purpose of going on live then?

We were bored. We decided to stick to the wedding in the end ~ the stars invited to sing during the santapan are quite good actually..

We were in bed before the bride & groom got to cut their wedding cake. We dont even know what happened on the other channel. I suppose a half-hour of the naked chef on his Italian trip is more entertaining than all that were promised for that evening..

****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails