Thursday, September 21, 2006

To Forgive & To Forget

I was queuing at the ATM one day. The lady doing transaction at the ATM wore a tudung that seem too dressy for an office attire. The shade also seem to compete with the colors on her clothes. In addition, my critical eyes thought the cut of her almost-Punjabi suit is a bit unbefitting for the office too.

She took a long time to finish her transactions, okay? That's why I noticed all those things about her. The third time she pushed her card into the slot I almost lost my cool. She cant need that much cash! I peeked to see who she is. And I go, oh my God - it's J from one of the previous projects. We had bunked in together at the workshop.

We caught up with each others' news and then parted. I thought her clothes are just - her. That is her color and her flamboyant sense of style.

Something else happened the other day which made me realised that you might be offended, got mad, lose patience or was hurt by friends. But to forgive and to forget are the key elements to friendships, dont you agree? Let's hope our friends appreciate our tolerence of their crankiness, moodiness, rudeness, eccentricity, foolishness, selfishness etc etc ...

*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails