Thursday, January 4, 2007

Back To School

Last Sat afternoon I suddenly remembered that I haven’t gotten Eirfan’s exercise books for the new school semester. It was already 4:00 pm. I scrambled to find the bookstore number only to be told later that the bookstore had closed at 2:00 that afternoon and will only re-open on the first day of school itself.

Never before in my entire life have I forgotten to get any books for any of the kids going to school. But this new year I did. Usually I would be ready with the optional books and dictionaries and atlases and anything else that was mentioned on the booklist (well, most of them anyway) - and anything else beyond the list also like the water bottle and kapur kasut.

So yesterday Eirfan went to school with one exercise book that he hadn’t used from last year. & last night he said he submitted his exercise on a sheet of paper sebab cikgu kata hantar je lah kertas tu kalau tak ada buku (kesian anak tu pun..)

I totally blame the the working hours yang tak menentu for this negligence..


*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails