Monday, January 15, 2007

A Romantic. Are You?

The DJ on radio recently asked who is more romantic – the man or the woman?

A woman caller said women are born romantic. When asked when was the last time she gave any presents to her significant other she said not in a long time - because he himself never gave her any. Anyway, romantic is not just about giving presents said the DJ – maybe the way you touched his chin in the morning after you awake – to which the caller promptly responded – that only happens in the Nescafe ad (she does have a point there). I had a good laugh that morning.


Nevertheless it made me re-think the meaning of romantic. I doubt giving presents – no matter what the occasion is (even on wedding anniversaries if all you can say is nah ni hadiah awak) - is romantic. But then again does having expensive dinner with candles at a swanky restaurant can necessarily be called romantic?

I thought I am the maestro on romance and all that the romantic word entails. But I guess I am not after all. I cant even put to word what my idea of romantic is. I suppose I will mull over this topic some more these few days.

Anyway, tell me my friends, what is your idea of romantic? And uh, by the way, when was the last time you let that romantic streak in you run wild?
*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails