Thursday, January 4, 2007

My Mum aka The Cikgu

Went to celebrate raya haji with my mum in Bangi last weekend. Mak seem to be in a talkative mood (sometimes she just listens to our conversation without much participation).

Anyway mak said when she was a teacher that many, many years ago she only ever had 6 pieces of kurung to wear to work. & she would wear them again and again until any of the piece need to be replaced.

& she also had only 2 other kurung to wear to any other occasions like kenduri etc.

The story brought some tears to my eyes & I ask mum why she tells such tales on raya? She said dah teringat. (Nasib baik dia cerita kalau tak I pun tak tau cerita tu.)

So tell me my dear girl friends (and you guys also), how many baju do you have that you can wear to work? (At this point of time let’s not include your faded jeans and cut-offs or capris or glittery dinner attires or even your sleek business suits that you just cant wear to the office on normal days - just to make a point that there is a lot of clothes in the wardrobe).

Do your clothes fit tightly into the wardrobe that you cant even see clearly what you have in there and yet you stand in front of the clothes most mornings and bemoaned the fact (or fallacy?) that you just don’t have anything to wear.. ?

ps - I do have a lot to feel guilty about after listening mum’s tale..
*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails