Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Overwhelmed!

The phone went crazy for a while - ringing, sms coming in and me calling everywhere. Got news that one of my (many, many) nephews had an accident while praticing basketball at school.

But he's ok. What a relief.. I think I'll give it another morning or so before visiting him.

The thing is we tend to overwhelm the hospital ward and waiting area and the doctors and nurses and the workers in the ward whenever anyone in the family goes down. There would be my mum and aunts and uncles and my sisters and brothers and nieces and nephews - not to mention cousins visiting the patient. In fact, I think we even overwhelm the patient!

When my mother was in the CCU we had to apologize to the doctors and nurses for extending the visiting hours - there's just not enough time for all of us to visit her within the time slot given. I mean mak pulak kan? Takkan lah pergi sekali lepas tu tak pergi-pergi dah.. It came to a point that my mum had to tell us tak payah lah datang selalu - mak dah sihat pun. Actually dia takut doktor marah. he-he. Orang tua-tua kan?

We respected her peace of mind - we waited for her to leave the hospital before we swarm to my sister's house to visit her. Kesian. She looks so tired and so old when she was recovering from the surgery.

Anyway ~ yeah I'll give it another 20 hours or so before I visit the young man. Maybe the rush would be over and the people at the hospital wont be so uh, yeah - overwhelmed.

*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails