Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Not On Our Whims..

Yesterday turned out to be a very full day. Visited a friend (if I can call her that) whose husband had passed away. Stopped by at a friend's house for raya on the way back from the visit. Got great news from friends and then topped that all up with a jalan-jalan hari raya at a neighbour's house.

The events left me feeling disorientedly mixed-up.

I am being reminded that death is very sad indeed. It could also strip you of all your dignity. And only Allah swt knows our fate at death. Doa lah banyak-banyak.

I found out that whilst I am very very happy for (and proud too of) my friends and do not wish anything less for them, yet at the same time I am envious. I tell myself doa lah banyak-banyak..

I know I'd rather mope around the house instead of visiting.. mostly anyone in fact.. but we all know how much Islam put emphasis on silaturrahim within neighbors and anyone else. So I should do it. Doa lah banyak-banyak..

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails