Friday, October 19, 2007

Raya Stories Part 3 : Dont Try This At Home!!

So tell me, what do you see on raya that you seldom do on other days? Yeah the food – lemang, rendang and all the works..

Massive traffic on the highway but quiet / empty city roads.

Sparkling clean houses.

Raya lights (I love this)

Duit raya! (My children love this)

Family members we don’t usually see.

Baju raya.

Lots of blink-blink. One last thing I myself notice at raya is the gold accessories that women-folk would wear. Small ones, chunky ones, long necklaces, chokers, anklets and bracelets and bangles. Don’t forget the sweet little pendant to large ‘medallions’. And ear rings and studs and hoops. And of course rings (and anything else I'd have missed).

On raya I met people with long and short chunky necklaces (one even wore 3 of them - at the same time, mind you.. which would definitely put Mr T to shame..) They also had equally large bands of bracelets strapped to both their wrists. Of course they also wore rings and medallions and ear rings.

Personally I cant seem to appreciate all the adornment that they have on. Don’t people get it that sometimes less is actually more..?

*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails