Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Raya Stories Part 2 - Whispers

Coincidently I lost my voice on raya day itself. I think my throat got a shock over the iced drink on buka puasa Thur as for the last 28 days or so there were no iced drinks served at home.

Fri I croaked like a toad and on Raya itself, no one could understand me and talking was just an effort I prefer to pass.

The children loved it as I cant nag them at all. They imitateted my raspy whispers and called me ? (the character from Lord of The Rings - I'm no fan of the trilogy so I dont know who / what I was supposed to be..) - those brats!

I think it was frustrating as I cant chat with anyone that I only meet on an occassion like raya. But in a way it was a blessing too - I made it as an excuse not to visit anyone I dont want to visit .. he-he.

It seem worse today - need to see the doctor after all - it's been almost a week. And although I have my voice now (coincidently I sound better than Ella - she's my least fave singer you know..) I feel like there's a lump somewhere in my throat.

I suppose the doctor might give me an MC. Actually I've got plans in the office (work plans ok - not raya plans..) and after this long raya break I am not looking forward for an MC anyway. We'll see...

*****

1 comment:

LIN said...

hmmm..how's your voice now? Tulah banyak minum air batu kot. Mak2 kita dulu2 selalu kata ..jangan banyak minum air batu sebab panas.

Hope dah okaylah kan? Kat sini raya xlah sehebat , sekrg ni masih ada yg belum balik ke Dhaka.
Am planning to have an open house for few Msians & Ericssons staffs prob another weekend.

Now very-very rindu ....yelah, doalah banyak2 ye tak


- Haslina, Dhaka

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails