Sunday, July 20, 2008

About This And That

The weekend felt unproductive. I didnt actually have any plans. I finshed a book; baked an apple pie; washed lots of beddings; watched Batman; went window shopping; and bought some (more) books.

The book was great; I cried (how often would I ever admit that?) The apple pie is a new recipe from Mrs Fields cook book. She uses butter instead of the usual shortening; and the pastry was ok I guess but the filling was overly sweet.

The beddings - what can I say? According to my mum, we'll never finish that even though we are old. I thought Batman was a bit long and winding. But the (older) boys said it was quite enjoyable. Eirfan said he liked it only a little bit. It was a more adult / serious Batman this time around and I wondered many times during the show if it is actually a U movie. The scenes were a bit gory and brutal for children.
I was disappointed with the movie actually. You see, Batman is my favorite super hero. He's a .. well, a hero. I think Spiderman is a sap - he lost his uncle, his best friend became his worst enemy and he turned his long time girl friend away. And Superman is too wimpy (with his lock of hair and glasses and of course the infamos blue underwear) to be a hero.

And I was depressed Sunday so I took off for a window shopping time-out. I didnt buy anything except a couple of books. The book on 'How to read music notes' caught my attention.. but I bought my first ever Suduko book.

I did the Suduko and at this moment think that maybe that is not for me. I feel like I am spending a little bit too much time on the puzzles when I'd rather be beading or read a book or maybe even gardening. And I'm not that good at it either.

And it didnt seem like a successful weekend.

*****

1 comment:

Zana Fauzi said...

I have never tried playing Sudoku - numbers scare the wits out of me. Except when it comes to paycheck, of course.

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails