Friday, August 15, 2008

At The Olympics


Well, I'm not about to bore you with the medal counts. You can get that from anywhere.

I caught Blake vs Gonzalez in the tennis men's singles semis - which turned out great despite the loss to Blake. I said to no one in particular that the men looked smart in their attires whereas the women players are a bit dress-ier (over-dressed?). But someone said, they look cantik. Ok...

We watched badminton later and the girls were wearing skirts - they look good actually instead of the shorts like some of the other girls do wear. And we caught women's soccer too. Ugh pleeeaazze.. their uniforms are terrible; and with their hair, you cant tell if it is the women's or men's soccer.

And the swimmers have got more clothes than before - with the previous trends from small to minute bikinis, I'd expect them to go into g-strings this year.. ha-ha.. But apparently not; their bottoms are even longer this year; the same goes to the male swimmers (how unfortunate, I said loudly; and got unbelievable stares for my effort..)

But did you notice the women runners / athletics? The size of their numbers on the chest are even bigger than that of their track bottom..

Tennis, swimming (minus the synchronised swimming though), gymnastics are among my favorites events. I think synchronised swimming is silly; put there to attract attention. The same goes with beach volleyball too, with their skimpy bikinis.
But anyway I think the opening was spectacular although our team could do without the garish yellow outfits.. (we look like we are from Africa or something..)
*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails