Friday, August 22, 2008

Mummy Dearest

So I am back in town - since last night actually. I spent the last 5 days with my mum - I am supposed to be mum-sitting. But seem like my mum "sits" me too. Planning meals etc for us although much of the cooking was done by us.

It was a bliss going on a week-long leave.. although the boss' reprimand "make sure you answer your phone when I call you!" made me jump and grabbed the phone everytime it rang. Fortunately, none of the calls were from him.

No matter how nice kampung is, it is always a relief to get back to our very own home, dont you agree? And yet I am always exasperated when my own mum insists that she wants to return home whenever she is in town. Our usual argument is ada apa kat kampung? We are all here (well most of us anyway) And mum will always say; but that is my house. And she always win these arguments anyway.

On this visit she looks cheerful and happy. Although complains that the prescription the orthopaedics gave her made her sleepy and lethargic.. pause.. I actually cannot put my feelings about mum into words.

*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails