Monday, August 11, 2008

Reminiscing The Weekend

Sat dawned bright and sunny and I wondered if I would attend the wedding in Kajang. It seemed like a long way to go and traffic is always predictably messy in MRR2 and Kajang on Sat. But we went nevertheless thinking that well, thinking that we should. Whilst eating, my hubby asked how old is the host as he seemed too young to have a daughter who's getting married. What a compliment I said although I dont know his age.

We took a detour to Ulu Langat (yeah I know - again - we went there like a couple of weeks ago) to get durians, of course. We specifically looked for durian tembaga at a stall by the river this time. And what scrumptious durians we found! We ate some by the river and took more home. Pulasan and cempedak and rambutan found their way to the car boot too. The children simply love the fruits.

I went to the tailor and said help! I need a couple of baju raya. And she said, why so late lah? But she accepted anyway. I also went to get the tiebacks made for the curtains and a couple of cushions (raya is round the corner, kan?)

I tried a brand new recipe I learnt recently, the cheese tartlets. It didnt look too pretty although tasted really tasty. And it didnt turn out too nicely too once I've freezed it. And - I had bought 2kg of cream cheese (because the cheese doesnt come in smaller packaging). Now what would I do with the rest of that cheese?

We went to Ikea on Sun. But there were too many small kids there - they sort of spoiled the trip somewhat - they screamed and ran around with the small trolleys.. But I got new dishes - its blue color simply mesmerised me into taking them home.

That darn hill I always walked up seem ever challenging than before last weekend. I almost gave up but I preservered and made it to the top nevertheless (with chopping breaths, mind you).

After dinner I asked my hubby if I could have a cup of coffee. Eirfan said, kesian kat bapak. I told him he is a chauvinist, he never pity me slaving over the pans and hot stove..

That night Eirfan said ma I need to go get my hair cut. His abang always take him to these trips and he always ended up with hair not short enough to satisfy his teachers. Abang said when too short his hair would look like Abu Bakar Yalla (if you remember who he is). When I took him to the bathroom to snip off his hair he said mama tau ke nak potong rambut ni? When we finished he said mama tau rupanya. I said of course la, I am a mother.

I simply adore weekends when they turn out adorable.

*****

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, now I remember you did promise me the cheese tartlets. Tak jadi la pulak.

DeLinn said...

oh so sweettttt of irfan. nak tergelak baca, dia pun was was u tau ke potong rambut kekekeke

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails