Saturday, May 12, 2012

BB&MB Part 40 - Start Something That Matters


It was the title of this book that caught my eyes (I always have a penchant for self improvement tips). It is Ilyas'. Occasionally he'd read my books and I'd pick up one or two of his to finish.

This is a hit for me and is one of the must read books on my list. It is about the writer, Blake Mycoskie who went to Argentina and discovered two things, amongst others. First, the Argentines have very comfortable traditional shoes and second, because of poverty many children in Argentina are without shoes. He then went home to the States with some Argentine shoes for sale and later on came up with the concept of "if you buy one pair of shoes, a second pair will be donated to the needy".

That is the beginning of Toms - Tomorrow's Shoes. The book is not really about how to make money, but rather how to start something that will matter to you more than money ever could (I like it when he asked, how much is enough?) It is about making a difference to the world, if you like. And especially to your own self.

Read it if you are looking for some inspiration in life (both the No Regrets post and the Success paragraph from Labor Day are inspired from this book). Happy reading.

ps - I am thinking I might read the book again.

*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails