Saturday, November 3, 2012

Random Thoughts On Any Given Random Weekend

Diam tak diam it has been two weeks since I last post anything. I tried to write a few times but no topic could strike a chord with me (including today, in fact).

We had a good raya qorban. Kami sekeluarga berpuasa sebelum raya; masyaAllah anak2 pun tiada yang membantah bila saya kata kita puasa esok (I always think I have nothing to write about tapi saya selalu terlupa menceritakan antara nikmat Allah yang banyak - antaranya anak2 yang menurut kata) Kami berbuka dengan lemang, ketupat, nasi impit dan wajik. Dengan rendang yang tiga jenis (!) - yang beli dan yang dibuat. Rendang tok dibeli untuk standby in case my rendang turn out weird.. (tak mahu mengaku tak sedap). Namun Alhamdulillah, anak2 puji rendang saya tahun ni! Ini satu progress. We also had lodeh, sambal sotong, kuah kacang and kari ayam. If you dont know, it is quite common untuk orang utara makan lemang dengan kari, bukan rendang. And I learn from my mum that raya comes with a feast (I wonder if this raya tradition should change).

There was also potluck dinner with the neighbours and takbir rumah ke rumah that evening. Dan kami balik kampung on hari raya, melawat bonda-bonda tersayang. Walaupun tak lama jadilah sekadar bersua muka di hari raya. Both of them said sekejap / sat nya balik!

The next day kami potong lembu. MasyaAllah, anak2 turut membuat korban tahun ini. Alhamdulillah. Nikmat Allah. And they helped with the kerja korban. Later the evening we had a feast, again with the neighbours. There was sup tulang, kerutup kambing, masak cili api daging and even nasi beriani.  Jiran2 saya rajin memasak, sayalah yang untung.  

And I've been very productive too. I've got photobook projects. Bunga dip projects. Trying new recipes. I also got good clothes from my sister that I plan to sell (good means high street stuff like MNG, Zara, FCUK, River Island, H&M, Forever Twenty-one, GAP, a few M&S etc) - her daughters came back after finishing studies in the UK and has loads of clothing that dont fit anymore. I am thinking of opening an on-line second hand store - chewwah - or at least I hope to. Bila tak tau sebab nak tangkap gambar baju tu takes time, effort and good lighting. Not to mention editing later. Wish me luck.

Enough said. What are your plans this weekend? I am doing a (few?) photobook(s) for my mum (I brought back all her albums for the project) and also hope to try a new orange cake recipe that I got. Have the best weekend ever!

 Bonda di petang hari raya. Semoga bonda dirahmati Allah sentiasa, InsyaAllah. Amiin.

 *****

2 comments:

DeLinn said...

1. benda pertama yg occur my mind was.. "eh azah tak reti buat rendang?". thats weird knowing you yg memang rajin n terer masak. ehhehe. kalau i ni lain lah hehehe

2. i envy you. u seems to have so much time that you have many projects to execute.

3. told dee the other day that we should gather one of these days to catch up stories. cumanya our gang dah getting smaller, zana dah takda di malaysia kan.

Azah Yahya said...

Masak rendang dan masak rendang yang sedap are two entirely different matters. Kuang, kuang, kuang. I try to do as many things as I can; but sometimes I wonder if I should - yang paling indah adalah yang paling bertaqwa. I occasionally think I am at a crossroad. Hmm, however did I get to be so serious?

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails