Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Raya Gooey Cookies, NOT

When the children were small, Sesame Street was seriously popular and with it Elmo, Big Bird and the Cookie Monster. That was how we picked up the chocolate chip cookies. And taulah orang putih tak abis2 dengan choc chip cookies dia. Through the years I've tried (and thrown out) many choc chip recipes.

And chocolate chip cookies is one of the things we make a lot of at raya. But these are for sale; the children are seriously jemu with my version (they've eaten the same cookies since they were at kindergarten!) Apa orang kata - chauvinist - of their mum's cookies, tapi kalau baru keluar dari oven panas2 tu abis jugak lah biskut tu. We frequently get our choc chip cookies from Zam, whose mum made the most gooey choc chip cookies I've ever eaten. Seriously.

This raya I tried to make similar gooey cookies. But failed. Yet again. Guna lah resipi apa pun. The kids said, mama pakai choc chips yang salah. So I tried other brands this time. Tak gooey jugak.


All the 'branded' chips we tried -


If you have / know a recipe that will yield that ooey, gooey texture, tell me about it, ok? I wanted to share a quite decent recipe that I got; tapi tak jumpa link pulak. But maybe we can try this.

ps - coincidently the Cookie Monster constantly peep in at the top right corner of my laptop as I work.


*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails