Thursday, November 30, 2006

Bahasa Jiwa Bangsa

None of these pantun are mine. I copied them from a book that I read because each made me remember something.

The scene of Latifah Omar picking pucuk ubi flashed in my mind when I read this – in black and white of course..
Harum baunya si bunga tanjung
Harumnya sampai melintas gunung
Tuan ku anggap sebagai payung
Hujan dan panas tempat berlindung

This reminded me not to swear so much - whilst driving especially.. and to take note of the words that I utter every time. What you say reflect your true self. Istighfar banyak-banyak..
Kalau ada menanam tebu
Boleh dijual di pasar desa
Kalau kita jadi tetamu
Biar pandai berbudi bahasa

This reminds me of a time that I was sick and nobody really pabderd to my needs (sob..sob, poor little spoilt me) and I said to everyone at home – no one can take better care of me than my mum. I remembered how my mother pampered me when I was down.. must call up my mum.
Apa diharap padi rendang
Daun berombak ditiup bayu
Apa diharap budinya orang
Tidak sama budinya ibu

And this should be one of my principles in life..
Jika gelisah mengingat dosa
Lakukan taubat sebenar taubat
Jangan diulang esok dan lusa
Ingatkan diri sentiasa taat

*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails