Wednesday, November 8, 2006

Patience ~ A Virtue Indeed

Went to TH yesterday for some transactions. Found out then that I have misplaced my accounts book. Where could it be? It never left my bag as far as I knew.

Searched my bag about three times then. After that I checked all the other bags that I have in the car. It was obvious by then I didn’t have it with me. All that trip for nothing..

Searched my bags again when I got home. And the dresser drawers. And then the other drawers. The console table. The cupboard. Nowhere could the book be found. Iman said check your office tomorrow.

I doubt the book would be in the office, but searched everywhere I did. And as I thought, it is not in the office either.

Called up TH & asked what to do. The instructions given were to get the form at TH. Fill it up. Go get the stamping done at LHDN. Then go back to TH for the processing of the new book.

Sounded simple enough. But there was no parking at TH and traffic at lunch is always terrible anyway. And the jaga at LHDN was helpful but so garang.. and of course I had to pay for the stamping too..

It was drizzling when I left LHDN. Quickly got to my car, got in, locked the door, turned on the ignition, pulled the seat belt and looked down to buckle the belt in.. and what do you know..? Nestled neatly between the side of my seat and the hand brake and a bit hidden by the belt release buckle was my accounts book..

Subhanallah.. & mengucap panjang dibuatnya. The pages of the book felt crisp – it must have dropped from the bag some time back and got sort of baked in the car. What amazed me is that I had buckled the seat belt many, many times and never saw that book there but once I had gone through the motion of getting a new book, voila, there it is right under my very nose!

Only Allah knew the wisdom of what had happened. I thought this was a very tough lesson indeed where patience is concerned..


*****

No comments:

Related Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails